Sunday, October 27, 2013

9th Week of Class



    This past week went pretty well. My partner and I managed to complete the Allocator project on time, although it took us a bit longer than either of us were expecting. Considering we’d started on the first Monday after it had been assigned, I think we both assumed that we would have been done a lot sooner. Unfortunately, we were bogged by numerous little hard to find bugs, but I think we did alright in the end.

    Another thing to note about this project was the Joust competition that Parth Upadhyay conducted during the duration of the project. I thought it was pretty cool idea that probably resulted in a boost of quality for the tests everyone submitted. I would have liked it though if we’d been able to see some of the code for other people’s tests like we’ve been able to in previous projects. It was a annoying to find out that you were failing someone else’s tests, but could not figure out what they were testing. It certainly didn’t help when some of these people decided it would be cute to give all their tests irrelevant or nonsensical names. Regardless, I’d certainly enjoy it if this sort of competition were run again during the next project. It certainly made things a bit more interesting. 

    And lastly, it seems like I might not get the chance to do the next project because I might be dropping this class. Due to a fun little mix-up courtesy of our local Study Abroad department, I have recently been informed that I will be assigned credit for CS 371P after taking a mobile applications class in Ireland during last semester, and it only took them nearly 5 months to let me know! How Mobile Applications transfers over as credit for Object Oriented Programming rather than CS 371M: Mobile Computing is beyond my limited capability of understanding, though. I thought that two mobile-related classes that teach the basics of Android programming might be related, but what do I know? It’s not like I took the Mobile Applications class and enough of the OOP class to know that they teach completely different material.

No comments:

Post a Comment