Sunday, October 6, 2013

6th Week of Class



   This week was, in a sense, a short week for CS 371P, at least for me. I had to miss Monday’s class due to an interview I had that morning running exceptionally late. This means that I also missed Monday’s quiz which, from my understanding, gives me a zero in that particular quiz. If I miss five quizzes, my grade also gets dropped down a whole letter, so I guess that means I can only miss three more grades before my grade suffers drastically.

   On the bright side, I also got what I think are my first two hundreds on the quizzes! For once, I actually knew the answers off the top of my head. The fact that it happened twice in a row is no less of a miracle. Maybe I’ll be able to keep it up, though. I’ll keep reviewing the material from last time’s class and doing the reading. I suppose at the very least, it should save me from getting too many flat zeroes on the quizzes.

   In other news, our first test is finally coming up this Thursday. I was pretty nervous until I saw that Prof. Downing had posted on Piazza that we were allowed to bring in a cheat sheet to use on the test. We’re even allowed to write on both sides! I’m not too sure what I’ll put on it yet, though. I’m considering putting some of the more complex or easy to forget examples from Prof. Downing’s class slides. I could put down some of the general concepts we’ve learned in class, but I fear I might have more trouble applying them to the test questions than I would the examples. Besides, I think I learn better from examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment