This last week, we were assigned our next project, to build
our own memory allocator. I managed to snag a partner pretty quickly last
Sunday, so we were able to get together to try to start working on Monday. We
quickly ran into problems however as we tried to understand what we were
supposed to be doing. It appeared that no one else had decided to start that
day either because Piazza was completely devoid of questions. We had a bit more
luck as the week progressed as Prof. Downing talked more about the project in
class and our classmates posted more questions and got more answers on Piazza.
At the end of the week though, despite getting together to work with my partner
almost every day, we didn’t have much progress to show. It was a bit
disappointing because we both thought we would almost be finished by Friday
given how much time we had put into the project at that point. I guess there’s
some perks to getting starting late.
Our class also got our first test grades back this week. We
had seen our multiple choice grades earlier in the week, but we had to wait to
see how we’d done on the rest. I got 8/10 correct for the multiple choice
portion, and my grade on the rest of the test reflected the same ratio. I
suppose I shouldn’t be too upset with what is a pretty decent grade, especially
in comparison to my usual grades on CS tests, but I had honestly expected to do
better. I had felt really good coming out of that test, so I guess it’s
understandable that I would be disappointed with the results. I’m pretty sure I
know what I got wrong on the multiple choice part, but I’m at a bit of a loss
for the rest of the test. I assume we won’t be getting our tests back to keep
(if we do, Prof. Downing hasn’t mentioned it), but at least there will be a
test review session on Monday so I can see where I went wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment