I was a little confused by some of the choice of material that we went over this week, though. Perhaps it was my misunderstanding, but I was under the impression that we would be learning about caching as it pertained to the first project. Instead we ended up going over Git and some other aspects of the project which, while still useful, weren’t exactly what I had been expecting. Perhaps we’ll get to talk about caching this week!
On the other hand, progress on the first project hasn’t exactly been going smoothly. While I believe I understand what I need to do to complete the requirements, I'm having difficulty comprehending some of the instructions regarding Git, not to mention that I have no idea what to do with Valgrind. I find myself constantly tripping over and forgetting the numerous Git commands I need to use. I understand that knowing how to use Git is an essential skill to have, but it can be a bit frustrating when you’re first starting off. If I didn’t keep running into these problems, I’m sure I would have finished a while ago or at least had more significant progress. This coupled with all my other time commitments has significantly slowed down my progress with the assignment and hindered my ability to get help outside of class, but I hope my attendance at the study session on Monday will be able to help me through this rough spot and get me back on track.
No comments:
Post a Comment